“Hi, can you tell me which program can convert HEVC H.265 files to DNxHD codec? I have used Samsung NX1 camera recorded some full HD videos, but the codec of these videos is HEVC H.265, now I need to import the footages into Avid Media Composer for editing, and I was told that DNxHD codec is the native supported codec of Avid, so I want a tool that can transcode HEVC H.265 to DNxHD codec for Avid.”
HEVC H.265 codec is a new codec that start to be used in recent years, now more and more users start to use H.265 files, for example you can convert blu-ray or DVD movies to HEVC H.265 to get high quality but small size videos, besides, some devices can help you to record videos in HEVC H.265 codec, such as Samsung NX1 camera. Maybe you have got some HEVC H.265 files, when you want to play HEVC H.265 files or edit HEVC H.265 files, you will find HEVC H.265 videos are not so easy to use, because most playable devices and editing programs still can’t support HEVC H.265 files well, just like the problem showed above, when you import HEVC H.265 files to Avid Media Composer for editing, you will find the HEVC H.265 files are not supported by Avid, from Avid Media Composer official product page you will know that HEVC H.265 codec is not supported by Avid, but please don’t worry about this, now we will share the best HEVC H.265 Video Converter with you, it can help you to convert HEVC H.265 to DNxHD codec, which is native supported codec of Avid, and then you can edit your videos with Avid Media Composer smoothly.
The HEVC H.265 to DNxHD Converter on the market, is has full support for H.265 HEVC files, you can import H.265 files into the software and convert H.265 HEVC files to DNxHD codec, MP4, MOV, AVI, MKV, MPG or any other formats. You can also load HD videos like MTS, MXF, MOV, MP4, etc. and then convert them to H.265 MP4 or H.265 MKV format. There are rich optimized formats in this H.265 HEVC video converter, you can convert HEVC H.265 to DNxHD for Avid, or convert HEVC H.265 to Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, iMovie, FCE, etc.
This HEVC H.265 to Avid Converter is very easy to use, you can get your H.265 files converted in few clicks, we have prepared the HEVC H.265 to DNxHD conversion steps below, now you can follow the steps below to convert HEVC H.265 to DNxHD codec for Avid.
1. Free download HD Video Converter Mac or Windows version from the product page, install and launch this program you will see the main interface.
2. Please click “Import” button to import the HEVC H.265 files you want to convert, besides HEVC H.265 files you can also import other HD videos, such as XAVC, MKV, AVI, MTS, MOV, MP4, MPG, MXF, etc. for example you can use it to convert XAVC files to DNxHD codec.
3. Select proper output format for Avid. As you need to convert HEVC H.265 to DNxHD codec, please choose “Avid Studio > Avid DNxHD”, this is native format for Avid Media Composer.
4. Before converting HEVC H.265 to DNxHD codec, you can click “Settings” button to change the output parameters, such as bitrate, codec, etc. you can also skip this step.
5. The last step is to click “Start” button to convert HEVC H.265 files to DNxHD codec for Avid on Mac.
The HEVC H.265 to DNxHD Converter will transcode HEVC H.265 to Avid DNxHD codec at fast speed with top quality, when your files are converted, click “Open Folder” button you will get the generated DNxHD .mov files, and then you can import converted HEVC H.265 files into Avid Media Composer for native editing.